INTERESTING PLACES IN THE AREA NEARBY

We are located in the very heart of Prague, surrounded by history and culture. If you visit our bistro, you will be seated in the middle of history. All this and much more are available within 500 meters of Bistro Kaprova:

JAROSLAV JEŽEK MEMORIAL (THE BLUE ROOM):

JAROSLAV JEŽEK MEMORIAL (THE BLUE ROOM):

Right at 10 Kaprova Street, there is a room where this well-known Czech composer lived and worked. Its interior furnishings are designed in the functionalist style. As the composer wished, it was designed by his friend, architect František Zelenka. The blue room was preserved thanks to the care of the composer’s mother Františka Ježková and his sister Jarmila. Here you can see Ježek’s original piano and bookcase. Now the room is managed by the National Museum – the Czech Museum of Music. The photo was taken by Oto Palán.

OLD TOWN HALL:

The Old Town Hall is formed by a complex of several Gothic houses, gradually grouped into one unit. The most interesting element of the development in the town hall’s construction is its historical interiors, which are from different periods. It also includes a 69 m high tower housing the Prague Astronomical Clock, which was built in 1410.

OLD TOWN HALL:
THE HOUSE AT THE MINUTE:

THE HOUSE AT THE MINUTE:

Close to the Old Town Hall, this building is said to be a typical example of Czech bourgeois Renaissance architecture. The facade of the two-storey house is decorated with sgraffito representing scenes inspired by the bible, mythology and Renaissance legends. Between 1889 and 1896, Franz Kafka lived here with his parents.

CLAM-GALLAS PALACE:

At number 158 near Mariánské Square and the beginning of Linhartská Street is an important Baroque palace building in the Old Town. The building was reconstructed into a Renaissance palace in the 16th century. Because of its massive arches with a pair of giants and sculpted reliefs by Matthias Braun, the palace ranks among the most impressive works of the Prague Baroque. Nearby there is also a fountain with the figure of a girl from 1812 representing the Vltava River. Two pitchers symbolise the two springs of the river. The Prague people called it Terezka. Perhaps it is based on the story of a girl who used to go for water here.

CLAM-GALLAS PALACE:
JEWISH QUARTER AND ITS MONUMENTS:

JEWISH QUARTER AND ITS MONUMENTS:

Maisel Synagogue, Pinkas Synagogue, Spanish or Klausen Synagogue or Ceremonial Hall. All this and many more are in the Jewish Town of Prague, just a few steps away from Bistro Kaprova. Among its most important monuments are certainly the Old New Synagogue and the Jewish Cemetery. National Geographic magazine ranks it among the top 10 most interesting cemeteries in the world.

KLEMENTINUM:

An extensive complex, which stretches over an area of two hectares between Karlova and Křížovnická Streets with its main facade facing Mariánské Square, it is one of the largest building complexes in Europe. It includes the National Library, the Baroque Library Hall, the Meridian Hall and the Astronomical Tower. One of the largest masterpieces is the Klementinum Mirror Chapel.

One of the three churches in the Klementinum area is the Church of the Holy Saviour. It is an early Baroque building and one of the most valuable Baroque monuments in Prague.

KLEMENTINUM:
RUDOLFINUM:

RUDOLFINUM:

The Rudolfinum is a significant architectural monument of Prague. The Neo-Renaissance building, which houses the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra and the Rudolfinum Gallery.